After conference today (wasn't it great?), I took a few pictures of Kennady. She was sitting next to me when I uploaded them to my computer. When she saw one of them (which was my other favorite from today), she said, in a very matter-of-fact voice, "You can X that one out." I was so disappointed because I thought it was such an awesome picture. Ever eager to please, she changed her mind and allowed me to keep the picture, but informed me that I could only keep it for me. I wasn't allowed to show it to anyone. :) So, here is the one I am allowed to show...
Highlights from conference:
Elder Holland talked about using kind words, avoiding gossip, etc. He said that women ought to speak with the voice of an angel. He even gave some awesome tips for how we can effectively speak to our children. He is one of my all time favorite speakers.
Elder Eyring's talk about service. He said there are two reasons we avoid giving service...discouragment and complacency. I am guilty of complacency. I feel a renewed determination to put aside my selfish nature and reach out to help others.
And of course, I always love hearing President Hinckley speak. His uplifting words remind us to stand a little taller, be a little kinder, serve a little better, etc. It is so motivating to know that we are not expected to do everything perfect. Just be a little better every day. I love conference!
Sunday, April 1, 2007
silhouette...
Posted by
Mindy
at
9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Kennady makes me laugh! So independent! I wonder where she gets it - HA!
Conference WAS great! I can't wait for the Ensign to come out so I can read all the things I may have missed.
Just found your Blog from ILP .. Glad I stopped in .. this photo is amazing! WOW! This is just gorgeous!! And the feet one from below is TDF .. Just love your blog!!
Not sure what happened with my Siggy .. Here it is again ..
lovely pictures, all. I especially like this one. Did you ever consider selling prints as postcards, or even as blank inside regular cards? A lot of these pictures would really lend themselves to it.
meiser lee,
I would LOVE to sell prints as postcards. I wouldn't even know how to do it though. Any ideas? :) Thank you!
Oh, and thanks Myr and Julie :)
Your amazing. I love the detail in her face. What a great silhouette. You have a great talent.
Thank you Tiarra!
you know one thing I dislike about blogger is that it doesn't tell you if people reply to your posts, so unless you remember to bookmark you may never know.
I would imagine you could use glossy 4X6 cardstock and print your own? I'm not sure about getting lines on them for an actual postcard.
(oh and this is the same person with my regular journal, which I'm starting over on so it's blank for now lol).
I really want to make this one a big poster and use it for art work in my living room. I love it!
Tawni,
We could do a picture like this of Broc! Unless, of course, you really want Kennady on the wall of your living room :) Seriously, let's take pictures together!
Post a Comment