Wednesday, July 4, 2007

princess or pirate?

Last Thursday, I had my 18-week ultrasound. Because our ultrasound technician comes to our house, we had the girls all settled onto the couch to watch the movie of the baby inside my tummy. Kennady said, "I really want a boy baby, but I am pretty sure it will be a girl, because we just have girls and girls and girls!" I just laughed and agreed that she was probably right. We probably would have another girl. In fact, I kind of had my heart set on it. I had such a happy childhood growing up in a family with all sisters, so it had become this idealistic vision of the perfect family in my mind. And, much to everyone's surprise, BJ really wanted another girl too. So, you can imagine the shock we felt when he told us that our baby was a boy...and we could clearly tell! After the technician left and Daddy headed out to work, Kennady went straight to my closet where we keep the baby blankets and brought the stack out to the family room. She opened each blanket to inspect it. If it was pink or too flowery or foofy, she threw it in a pile in a corner. But if it could be considered a boy blanket, she carefully laid it over the stepping stool she had brought out and ironed it with her toy iron. Then, she folded it and stacked it neatly in a pile. For the first few days, I relied on her enthusiasm to keep my spirits up. It has been a week now since we found out and we are starting to settle into the idea a bit more :) Now, if we could just think of a name....

7 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

Yea... GOODLUCK! Boy names are hard! You will have fun with a boy. They are fun and easy... at least Broc is! Thank you so much for coming to his birthday! We just wanted to get some cousins to come play because he doesn't play with cousins that often! THANKS AGAIN and CONGRATS!

Cami D. said...

YEAH!! Min Yeah I am so excited you are having a boy! Just...YEAH! Kennady, come on over to my house and I will bring Broc, you'll see how fun they are! :)

MyR said...

I KNEW you would have to have a boy SOMEDAY! Okay, I didn't KNOW...but I sure hoped you would! I'm so excited for you!!! It's a FUN change to all the pink, flowery and foofy stuff. CONGRATS!!!

Beth/Grandma D. said...

Congratulations!!! What a fun addition to the family. I guess you will have to get the map of Itally out and look for cool boy names. It will be fun to see what fun names you come up with.
Hope you are feeling well and that things are going great!

Holly said...

Min - I'm seriously so excited for you! There is something really special about having a little man think that you are the best thing that has ever happened. It's hard to explain, but it's such a different bond than you share with your girls. I'm so, so happy for you. Happy for lil Grant to have so many boy cousins that he won't know what to do with himself. Yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mindy! I can tell you that boys are fun :) You'll have to have another baby shower and get some cute boy clothes...

Becky said...

Lil pirates are the best. I know you will have so much fun with your little boy!!