Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hold me Mommy!

At least a thousand times a day (maybe a slight exaggeration), Brighton says , "Ho-me-mommy!" If I am unavailable at that very moment, she follows me around the house crying. I offer to hold her hand while I do dishes or laundry or vacuum or...you get the picture. But, that doesn't cut it. She wants me to sit down, hold her and softly tickle her arms, legs, back and tummy. Her love language must be affection. She craves touch. During the day when I am desperately trying to get "stuff" accomplished, her constant neediness wears on me. I often have to tell her that I can not hold people right now. But, at night when she is sleeping so sweetly in her bed and I think about this stage of her life, I feel like crying that I ever feel irritated. At this moment, all I want to do is hold her and love her and snuggle her and tickle her...for as long as she wants.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Your post hit home Mindy. So many times Ethan (especially while Matilyn is at school) follows me around wanting to be held and I'm constantly saying in a minute. The other night while he was asleep I knelt by his bed for a few minutes and just stroked his arm. Maybe he and Brighton have the same love language! I never thought about it like that! Don't you love that book?

Daniel and Kerri said...

Hi Mindy, it is Kerri Clare. I hope you remember me. I just saw your blog and your children are so cute. Love hearing about your life and in the long run it will be worth it. When your husband loves what he does it makes life a lot easier.
Love your beautiful children.