Sunday, July 6, 2008

best friends forever...


While the Kennady and Addy happily shared a chair at the kitchen table and ate their chocolate milk floats (I know that is weird, they created their own desert), this is the conversation I overheard: “We are going to be best friends forever…even when we are in preschool. Oh wait. That is for babies. What is the school for when we are big? Oh...high school. And we will never ever fight ever again. Now we are not going to cry anymore, we will just be best friends. Since we are best friends forever, can we please sleep together in your bed?” …and off they went to bed!
I am sure that tomorrow they will be back to "normal" , but for tonight I am happy that they recognize what a gift a sister is, a built-in best friend for life. Tressa, Holly, Karli and Becca...thanks for being my best friends forever! Love you!

Kennady wrote about this day in her journal:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

9 comments:

Erin said...

That is SO CUTE! I love my baby sister, what a sweet memory.

Becky said...

What a memory to treasure! Those are moment's that make a mama's heart happy :)

once upon a poppy said...

that is soo cute. i wish i overheard my girls talking lie that:)

Christine said...

All I can say is, "ahhhhhhhhh". What a moment!

Nikki said...

That is so freaking cute, I hope my girls think like that, I know me and my sister did not until recently. Yeek

Kelli said...

I love it! You do have great sisters! I know you cherish them.

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
I had such fun seeing your Family in Greer at the Greer Days Parade. (despite the fact that I was in a wheelchair due to pregnancy complications). I have to say I can echo your thoughts completely. My sisters have become such treasured friends, even with the large gap in age between us. And I just wanted to remind you that you were the one so long ago it seems, that reminded me when I felt lost and alone that it was my family who should be my best friends. And they are. Thankyou Mindy! Love and Miss you!

Tressa said...

I love you too Min. :)

Travis and Marie said...

that's how sisters should be....I feel that way about mine and we do a "sister's weekend" every year somewhere together....there just aren't friends like sisters...that's really sweet.