Friday, October 3, 2008

schoolgirl...

Photobucket

This week, Addy had her first cottage fair at school. She had so much fun showing us all the things she has done and learned this semester. We started with a potluck. Each child was given the assignment to choose a food item to bring that starts with the same letter as their name. Once they had decided on what to bring, they were each in charge of decorating a paper plate to signify what they chose. When I asked Addy what she wanted to bring, she immediately decided on apples. To decorate her plate, Addy cut an apple in half and used it as a stamp. She dipped it in red paint and stamped it onto her paper plate. Once it dried, she glued apple seeds to the center of her paint apple. She was very proud :) So, after the potluck dinner, we all went back to the classroom where her class performed the poem "Three Little Kittens" and sang their red song and the montherina song. Finally, each class member stood up in turn to show their plates and tell all the parents what item they chose to bring to the potluck. She said, "My name is Addy and I brought apples."

Photobucket

I am so thankful that my children are getting such a great education and having so much fun at the same time. I love school!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Christine said...

Ahhhhhh! What a dang cutie! I love it when these little one's are embrassing their potential! There's nothing like seeing their faces light up when doing this stuff and watching their self confidence increase in the process.

Kelli said...

Why why why Mindy Kidd do they have to grow so fast! Make it stop! She is a doll!

Nikki said...

I am glad with everything going on you still found time to blog. She is a cutie.

Amber said...

Our prayers are with you. I hope all goes well with your move. Be safe in your travels. Best of blessings. -Amber

Amber said...

Our prayers are with you. I hope all goes well with your move. Be safe in your travels. Best of blessings. -Amber

Erin said...

Mindy,
Just read Hollys post, I am totally sad! We loved having our pics done from you, and hopefully someday you will be back. Best of Luck Love you!

Rissa said...

Hi Mindy. Incase you missed it I am living in Oregon too now. I am very excited to see you and your cute kids. Drive safe.

Holly said...

Ummm....could you update your blog already? Or answer your phone? Or maybe I could answer when you call. Ha! I miss you...loads and loads! I wanna see pictures of your new...teency...town!!!