Tuesday, May 26, 2009

power of covenants...

Photobucket

Last night, I re-read the recent conference talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson, entitled "The Power of Covenants." He spoke of a family whose home was destroyed in a massive earthquake in Peru. When a member of the Quorom of the Seventy met the local Branch President's wife, she said, "I have prayed and I am at peace. We have all we need. We have each other, we have our children, we are sealed in the temple, we have this marvelous Church, and we have the Lord. We can build again with the Lord's help."
Though our circumstances were not as devastating and tragic as what this family experienced, I felt a similar peace. Elder Christofferson counsels, "In times of distress, let your covenants be paramount and let your obedience be exact. Then you can ask in faith, nothing wavering, according to your need, and God will answer. He will sustain you as you work and watch. In His own time and way He will stretch forth His hand to you, saying, "Here am I."
We have been sustained. With the Lord's help, we are re-building our lives. I feel so thankful for His watch and care over our family. We have gained a greater trust and understanding of the love of the Lord.

Blessings of making and keeping sacred covenants:
1. Empowering blessings
2. Endowment of Faith
3. Bestowal of Divine Power

I am so thankful to be on the "covenant path" with my family!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

thanks mindy! that is kind of just what i needed to hear. we are sort fo in a similar situation but i need to keep remembering the reason we are here and know the lord will lead us in the right direction. btw-your outside of your house looks so cute! i want to see pics of it!

MyR said...

I LOVE THOSE FACES!!!

Tressa said...

I recognize that place. :) Over on 4000 W. I've used it several times myself.
I really need to get a family picture. But, I may need you to push the button. I don't know that a timer or a remote is going to be good enough with Maylee and her odd baby faces. :)

Christine said...

Wow, you certainly have some great places to shoot now don't you?!!! Those photos are so beautiful Mindy!

Karli said...

I love that talk. That's the one I shared with my VT-ing girls. Definitely gives me hope...

Mindy said...

Devry, I will post pictures of my house...my SIL keeps asking me to and I have even taken some...just need to get them posted :) Myr, I love their faces too :) Tress, you're right. That is exactly where we are. And...family picture time is the only time I wish I had a clone of myself. The timer is HARD. I never end up with a picture that I love. It is frustrating. Christine, I do feel spoiled. Everything is so beautiful here! Karli, that talk is amazing! I keep re-reading sections of it because it is just so amazing.

Becky said...

FANTASTIC! I just wrote about something similar on my blog...I am so grateful for covenants and for my testimony and my family...those really are the only things that matter. Love you, Min!

Sending a hug from Arizona...