Tuesday, August 4, 2009

schoolgirls...

The girls have been in school for a little over a week now, so I thought it was finally time to post their first day of school pictures :)

Kennady is such a little social butterfly. She loves school and making new friends. She doesn't get the least bit nervous about starting a new year, just excited! She always tells me how much she loves that even though she is the youngest one in her class that she is the smartest too. (We aren't lacking in self-esteem around here. Ha!) She loves learning. When I asked her how her first day of school was, her reply was, "Perfect! It was the BEST DAY EVER!!!

Photobucket

In contrast, Addy is a stresser! She worries that she won't make new friends. She worries that she won't know where to park her bike. She worries that she will forget her teacher's name. Actually, there is a story behind this. When she was with her THIRD kindergarten teacher last year (since we moved twice during the school year), she would often mistakenly call her teacher the name of one of her previous teachers names. She has a hard time remembering names...it just doesn't come naturally to her. Well, once her cute teacher (who I thought was the most fabulous teacher ever!) kind of laughed a little. I'm sure she wasn't laughing at Addy, but it was probably a little funny to hear her little voice say, "Mrs. Miller....I mean Mrs Stoker...I mean..." Well, that did it. As soon as Addy realized that she would be getting a new teacher for 1st grade, she was terrified that she would forget her name and that her teacher would laugh at her. When Daddy gave her the traditional "back-to-school-blessing", he blessed her that she would remember her teachers name, be able to make new friends and feel confident. Last night when Addy said her prayers, she thanked Heavenly Father for his help at school. She knew that He had helped her remember her teachers name and is already gaining a testimony that Heavenly Father knows her and cares about her.

I love this picture of Addy because it is so cute to me that she always does the front buckles. Most kids don't even know that a backpack can buckle in the front. But, she always has her backpack securely buckled on, so it is just so Addy and so cute to me!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Christine said...

Cute! I wish you were here to take some photos of my kids. ;)

Holly said...

Fun, fun! I miss those cute little girlies! Love Miss Addy's backpack - RAWR! Um....can you call me back? Is your phone still not working? How do I get a hold of you? Ha!

Rissa said...

They are very cute. I think Kennedy smiles like you.

Lindsay M. said...

That is so cute about Addy. I totally started crying when I read she said a prayer thanking Him for His help. That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I just love those girls of yours.

JakenDebbie said...

What sweet, sweet girls! I hope they like school in Utah! Are you guys on a year-round track? I was surprised to see you had already started.

So, when you were talking about Addy and her worries, it totally reminded me of a cute book...if you haven't read it, you definitely should...it's called Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes. You and Addy would love it. :)

The {G} Family said...

Hi Mindy, it's Steph from Queen Creek! I'm so happy for your family...they are gorgeous!!!

The Burtons said...

What cute kids you have. I'm glad they survived the first week. The rest of the pictures from your previous posts are so brilliantly colored and show a lot of personality. You're a great photographer!

Becky said...

They are beautiful! And I loved the story behind the pics :)

Rissa said...

Hi!
I need to know what the girls collect. They were telling me about it when I was watching them. One said they collect stamps, another said wood (I think) and I can't remember the other one. I also can't remember which girl colleted what. If you would please tell me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

jnbl