Wednesday, August 8, 2007

a very, merry unbirthday...

...to Kennady! Kennady and Addy love the mail. I am not very faithful about picking up my mail on a regular basis, so when I do pick it up, it is quite a load. They sit next to me as I open it and call dibs on the junk mail. They LOVE to open junk mail and collect all the fake credit cards/unused envelopes they can find. So, you can imagine the excitement when Kennady discovered that there was an actual piece of mail addressed to her! Bashas sent her a birthday card. She was excited to find coupons enclosed in the card and was interested to see what she could get. When she realized that one of the coupons was for a FREE birthday cake, she could hardly contain herself. She wanted to know how much it would cost to get her free cake. Apparently, she doesn't quite get the concept of free yet! Once BJ explained to her that it didn't cost anything, all she had to do was give them her coupon and they would give her a cake, she wanted BJ to drive her to Bashas that very minute to pick up her cake. Her enthusiasm was so contagious that he probably would have taken her that night if we had a Bashas closer to our house. But, she agreed to let him take her coupon to work with him the next day and bring her cake home with him. So, even though her actual birthday is still a month away, we celebrated last night! Not to worry, we will celebrate again in a month :) Happy Unbirthday Kennady!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Yeah Kennady. That cake looks like the yummiest ever!

Tressa said...

Kennady is so cute! I love that she got so excited. That is awesome. :)

MyR said...

I love that cute grin! I'm sad I missed you guys when I was down. Where were you? Didn't you know there was a reunion??? :D

Mindy said...

I do love how kids get so excited over simple things. She is fun. Myr...I missed you too. Sounds like the reunion was a blast. Love you. Miss you :)