Tuesday, September 18, 2007

first day of first grade...

Yesterday was Kennady's first day of school...and she loved it! The night before, she helped me pack her lunch, load her backpack full of supplies and set out her clothes. Then yesterday, at 6:00 in the morning, she woke me up to ask me if it was time to go to school yet. She could hardly contain her enthusiasm/impatience over the next 5 hours awaiting her actual start time. When the time finally arrived, I went into her classroom with her and helped her get settled in. For one brief moment right before I left, she had that look like she might cry. Up until I saw that look, I really hadn't worried much. Had this been a year ago, I probably would have been the teary Mom who couldn't believe her child was so big, venturing off into the world, etc. But, doing kindergarten homeschool cured me of that apprehension and sentimentality. I realized that she was ready for school, anxious to be a part of that environment, ready to make new friends, etc. It is also a huge comfort to me to know that her best little friend, Emma, is in her class. Even though I can't be there all day, I know she has someone there looking out for her...what a blessing! Well, despite "the look," I needn't have worried. When I picked her up that afternoon, she was bubbling over with excitement and told me all about the fun things they did that day. In fact, today when she had only been home from school for an hour, she asked me if she got to go back to school again today. Can you imagine a child wanting to go to school twice in one day?
We feel so thankful to have Kennady enrolled in such an incredible school, where they instill a love and passion for learning from the beginning. I hope Kennady always loves school just as much as she does now!

20 comments:

Kelli said...

You did good Mindy! I'm so glad Kennady loves her school and class. Which school is she at? Also, I seriously wish I would have taken you up on the many times you offered to teach me bows and hair...your girls always look adorable. Is it possible to teach me virtually? :)

Cami D. said...

So cute good job Min! I love your posts...I've missed you. And can your kids always have their hair perfect, I'm in love with it.

Mindy said...

Thanks girls. I do love doing hair. But, it is funny to me that people think their hair always looks perfect. I seriously only do their hair if we are going out. Otherwise, they look like orphan children all the time :)Kelli, if you ever see a particular hair style that you want to know, just e-mail me and I will try to explain it. It would have been SO easy to teach you in person, but ometimes explanations just don't make sense. Maybe I could have Kennady take pictures while I do Brighton's hair sometime to give you a visual :)

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MyR said...

She is SO BIG! We're getting OLD! :) Yeah Kennady! I'm excited to read about all your fun adventures at school!

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mindy said...

Okay, princess hair is the easiest hairstyle ever! Part her hair in the side and using a comb dipped in water, alick her hair up into a semi-high ponytail. The last time you are pulling her hair through the hairtie, simply don't pull it all the way through. Leave the hair in a loop with the ends of her hair hanging in her face. Then have approx 5-7 small claw clips handy. Start by securing the ends of her hair behind her hairtie then take a section of hair, shake it loose from the surrounding hair and clip it into place. Repeat until the hair is positioned in sections all around the top of her head. Waalaah! That is how Kennady's hair was today, in fact. Super cute and super easy :) Let me know how it works out for you!

Mindy said...

So I just looked over my previous comment and noticed that there were several type-o's. Sorry about that :)

Becky said...

Yeah for Kennady! Isn't it fun to have our kids in school, Min? Sometimes I still can't believe how long it has been since our days in high school together :) Great photo...I wish Brisa would let me do her hair in girl styles!

Chantel said...

Hey Mindy, I found your blog through Aimee's. Is there anything you dont know how to do? Bow making, hair, Photography, Bracelets, to name a few. You are one awesome woman. So next time I vote you teach a how to do your girls hair class. I have a blog it is scratch02.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Hi Mindy!
It's Kim (Knight) Carroll. Karli's friend growing up! I found your blog through hers and I just wanted to write and say hello and tell you how gorgeous your girls are! And congratulations on your 4th!! You are so talented.. YOUR AMAZING!! our blog is www.phx2atl.bloogspot.com if you want to check it out.

Mindy said...

Thank you Chantel and Kimberly...I'm off to check out your blogs now :)

Becky said...

I'll climb on the blog bandwagon, Min! :) You can check mine out at www.beckyscreativespace.blogspot.com

Hope you're having a great week!

Marie said...

Hey Mindy! I didn't know you were a photographer. Great job!!!

JakenDebbie said...

Hi Mindy...it's your long-lost high school friend, Debbie Fish. I have just recently jumped into the world of blogging and am having so much fun finding everyone through different blogs! I found you from Marie's site. Anyway, it's so great to see what is happening with you. I am amazed by your photography and wished we lived in AZ so you could take our pictures. You are amazing!! I have a blog, although it's not much to brag about...I am just getting started...jakendebbie.blogspot.com Love ya!

Kelli said...

Okay Mindy...we tried the princess hair today. Can you come live with me just to teach me about being a "girl's mom?" We got it pulled through like you said and I pulled the hanging parts around and secured. However when it came to shaking pieces loose and positioning them...well that is a different story. We used clips and positioned hair which Matilyn loved the outcome, but it didn't look right to me at all.

Also...we find out Oct. 1 what we're having. If it is a girl...I want to bug you for some cute bows/headbands if you don't mind. Let me know what your prices are.

Travis and Marie said...

how fun that you have 3 girlies! i love it. Glad you are doing well...hope the migraines have ceased...I hate those when you're prego.

Kimberly said...

Hey Mindy... We decided to go private with our blog.. you totally dont have to, but if you would like an invite you can email me at kcarroll07@hotmail.com!

Seriously.. you are too darn creative!

Kelli said...

Where in the world is Mindy Kidd? I'll bet you are getting excited for the arrival of your little "pirate!" Hope all is well.

Becky said...

So, Mindy--you've been tagged! Please tell us all 6 random things about yourself. You can visit my site to read mine. Love ya!