Jase arrived Tuesday afternoon after a very long, intense labor and delivery. Because he was posterior (face-up), his head was not positioned right to cause my body to progress. But, the pitocin was creating regular, hard contractions. For hours, I dealt with really bad back labor, with no epidural (we don't have insurance and couldn't justify the expense). After Dr. McNeal broke my water, we were expecting a quick delivery because with Brighton, we had 15 minutes from the time my water broke until she was born. So, you can imagine my frustration when hours later, I was still enduring labor with no end in sight. My cute nurse brought in a labor ball, which is basically just a big exercise ball and had me sit on it and rock back and forth. Eventually, the movement caused him to shift into position. He finally arrived at 4:14 in the afternoon. He weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. and was just over 21 inches long. He has dark eyes and a lot of dark hair.
That evening my Mom brought the girls out to meet him. And, Dave and Char came to visit. The girls could not get enough of Jase. They had been so excited to get their little brother...and now he had finally arrived! We were talking about how Jase would get plenty of mothering. Dave (always ready with a clever, witty comment), added "...and maybe a little smothering!" So true!

He loves to sleep and aside from waking up to eat, he has slept for the past 48 hours straight! Sorry it has taken me so long to post, but between Thanksgiving...
and Addy's birthday...
...I was a bit tied up at first.
and Addy's birthday...
...I was a bit tied up at first. Then, I got mastitis and have been ranging from sweating and super hot to freezing and a temperature of 103.5. Dr. McNeal prescribed me antibiotics last night and already I notice that I feel a little bit better. Thank goodness!
Anyways, we are so thankful to have our little guy here safe and sound. We love him!


15 comments:
Yeah congratulations to you guys! I am glad he made it here safely and didn't put you over the edge in the process...I am sorry you had such a hard labor! I hope you had some time to rest over Thanksgiving! Please, please please call me to help you - here I am. Have car, will travel! :)
Yay! Becca passed on the info to me after talking to Mom. :) We are looking forward to seeing little Jase Stapley Kidd at Christmas.
Ugh that you are feeling awful! Sure hope you get feeling better soon. Thank goodness your little guy is wanting to sleep a lot. Hopefully you are being able to get some good rest as well.
Love you!
Mastitis? Is that a breast infection or something different? I hope you're feeling better soon! I love you and am so glad that our little guys are so close together!
CONGRATULATIONS! I really like the name Mindy! I sure hope you start feeling better soon and I cannot wait to see pictures. I've been checking your blog daily since Wednesday wondering when something would be posted! Yea for the Kidd family!
I am so happy for you. It is still a little strange for me to think of you having a boy because you've had just girls for so long, but I am so excited! I'll see you and your new baby in about a month! Love ya, love ya!
Mindy you are amazing! How in the world did you live through that? NO epidurl, posterior and just long. I truely think I would have died. I have got mastitis with both of my kiddos and feel your pain! I really hope that you feel better soon! I know Broc would love to have the girls over to play! We could plan something and I could take them off of your hands for a while. Can't wait to see pictures!
Congrats Mindy! I'm sorry about the long labor. Sounds frustrating. I can't wait to see pics of the little guy
Yah, Min - post some pictures! Posterior and no epidural - that truly is NO FUN! Sounds like Jarom's delivery! I kept getting mastitis with Bryson (but never so soon after delivery!) Hope you're feeling better and hopefully you can post some pictures soon. I've already forgotten what he looks like. Love ya!
YEAH! I'm so excited for you to have a boy! I think I'm more excited to see you with him in a couple years! :) You are my HERO! I'm glad to hear you survived labor and that BJ and everyone around you did too! Do they all still love you? ha ha! I will be checking everyday now to see pictures of the newest Stapley jowels. HURRY!!! Love you Min!
Mindy,
I am so sorry you labor was so painful. It sounds awfully similar to my Jace, posterior, never progressing, no epi, pushed for 4 hours...wanted to die! I had a horrible recovery and he never nursed well, so I got mastitis constantly until I learned how to sense the minute a duct was clogging and pumped it out.
I love the name and can't wait to see pictures! It will be so fun to have another boy in the family!
Congratulations, Mindy!! I'm still smiling over your baby boy's name which brings back so many memories ;). Give your little ones a hug from me...wish I was there. You're amazing and I know you'll pull through eventually. Love ya!
Ok, so we want pictures! Seriously though, I hope you are feeling better.
Ya, I agree with Tressa. I want to see some pictures of little Jase even if I have already seen his cute self twice. Pics, pics, pics! :)
He is so cute! Cannot wait to hold him....Congradulations to you guys.
Oh my you are one brave girl with not getting an epidural I think I would have taken a loan out to get one. I'm a huge baby when it comes to pain. Congratulations on having a baby boy I hope I follow you and my next one will finally be a boy.
Post a Comment